Want Massive ROI? Use THIS Tactic To Get Big Returns!
Email marketing generates $42 for every $1 spent, which is an astounding 4,200% ROI, making it one of the most effective options available. If you want to get massive ROI for your business, email marketing must be part of your marketing campaigns!
If you need any more convincing, keep reading — we’ve got a list of email marketing statistics from 2021 to demonstrate just how powerful email can be.
In a recent newsletter from HubSpot, there were a TON of email marketing stats. We’ve curated some of the best ones that are relevant to our subscribers and share some conclusions below to help support your marketing efforts.
These ones demonstrate just how effective email marketing can be right now. Social media is an excellent way to connect with your customers and bring new ones into your community, but the stats don’t lie – email is more effective at converting business and that’s why most marketers would choose it. A robust marketing strategy includes various touchpoints with current and potential customers, but email is the personalized piece that they need to feel truly in touch with you. If you are marketing a B2B or Consulting business, email marketing is even more important for you to focus on.
● 78% of marketers have seen an increase in email engagement over the last 12 months.
● 4 out of 5 marketers said they’d rather give up social media than email marketing.
● 90% of content marketers say email engagement is the top metric they track to measure content performance.
● 99% of email users check their inbox every day, with some checking 20 times a day.
● On average, the highest email click-through rate goes to the Consulting services industry at 25%, with Administrative and Business Support services in second at 20% and Home and Building services in third at nearly 19%.
● 81% of B2B marketers say their most used form of content marketing is email newsletters.
● 87% of B2B marketers say email is one of their top free organic distribution channels.
Consistent, Personal & Optimized For Mobile
The key reason consumers like email is because it is personal to them and easy to take the next steps from. Send emails consistently to keep in touch, ensure they are personalized to get the biggest gains from your efforts and don’t forget to optimize for mobile. Most emails are opened on a cell phone so mobile optimization is critical to improve your open and conversion rates. If they can’t read your email or take actions appropriately from it, they will simply hit delete.
● 35% of marketers send their customers 3-5 emails per week.
● Marketers who used segmented campaigns noted as much as a 760% increase in revenue.
● 74% of Baby Boomers think email is the most personal channel to receive communications from brands, followed by 72% of Gen X, 64% of Millennials and 60% of Gen Z.
● 60% of retail, e-commerce and consumer goods and services companies are personalizing emails based on past purchases.
● Nearly 1 in 5 email campaigns is not optimized for mobile devices.
● Mobile-friendly email is the second most-used tactic email marketers to improve their performance.
When To Send
Landing in an inbox at the most optimal time for opens and the receiver to take action is critical. Various programs will also automate this for you so you can be sure to capture the best time to reach your customer base.
● Globally, Fridays see the highest email open rates (nearly 19%), compared to the lowest open rates (17%) on Saturdays.
● 66% of marketers believe artificial intelligence is a way to optimize email send times.
● Your audience will reward you with higher open and click rates if you don’t send more than five newsletters a week.
● Nearly 22% of all email campaigns are opened within the first hour of sending.
As you start planning your next email marketing campaign, count this as your friendly reminder that it’s almost November and most of your customers are starting to think about the holidays. If you sell B2C, it’s time to get those Christmas campaigns out. For our B2B subscribers, think New Year, New Me and get in touch with your subscriber base now to build a relationship that establishes you as the first person they reach out to when they need support reaching their resolutions!
And as always, if you need a hand planning email marketing campaigns to build trust and connect with your customers where they want you to be, give us a call – We can help!