7 Best Tips to Improve Your Website’s Search Engine Rankings
Everyone is talking about the importance of SEO and trying to climb to the top of the search engine ladder.
SEO – What Is It?
SEO or search engine optimization is a key to becoming recognized as a brand or business. It is the process of making your site visible when people search for your business’ products or services. SEO is tied to two main factors:
Quality – Your website should have content that relates to your business. The goal is to educate and help others understand the benefits of what you do.
Quantity – Your website should have a fair amount of content to showcase the knowledge of your industry. According to Forbes, you need to have at least 600-700 words per webpage. You should note that this amount constantly changes as Google’s algorithms change.
The Importance of SEO
Why should you care about your website ranking high on search engines?
More New Clients – When people search for a service or product on the internet, they are more likely going to click one of the results on the first page of a search engine. No one wants to spend hours searching for what they need or want, and often think, if Google chooses it then they should too. A high SEO ranking provides high visibility which in turn increases your likelihood of gathering new clients.
Keeps Customers – If your website has great visibility and ranks high on search engines like Google, you likely have content that speaks to the customer. Engaging content provides the information they are looking for while keeping them interested. Nurturing your customers helps maintain your relationship with them.
7 Tips for You
When it comes to your website, here are 7 tips to keep in mind to improve your search engine rankings:
1. User Experience – UX relies heavily upon the design of your website. Users and search engines look for:
Clear, useful information that connects to your business
Easy navigation where you can find what you are looking for in three or fewer clicks
CTA (call to action) buttons that allow a simple way to get in contact with the company
There is less chance of a high bounce rate when something is easy to find and more chance of discovering other important products and information. When someone stays on a website longer, the click-through rate increases.
2. Keyword Input – Words and phrases that people search for when looking for your type of business or product are called keywords. Use these throughout your website’s content to help in being found on the internet. It is crucial to avoid keyword stuffing. Putting too many keywords in your site’s content sounds inauthentic and search engines will flag it as spam.
3. Use Metadata – Metadata is the information you are about to read, helping the user and search engines know what your website is all about. When using metadata, it is important to include your main keyword and be unique with the description. Metadata is like the subconscious part of writing. It is not directly in your face but holds the key to what you are about to delve into.
4. Backlinking – When your website gets linked from another website it helps your site gain authority and increase traffic while improving your search ranking. Several things you can do to gain backlinks:
Place appropriately keyword filled articles on your site.
Encourage others to share your content on their website.
Speak to other reputable companies that relate to your business and ask if they will use your content links in their articles or blogs.
Connect with a similar business to write joint articles that are posted and linked to both your sites.
5. Quality Content – Quality content is content that is relevant to your business and answers questions that your target audience is looking for. It should be written clearly and concisely. Keep your content up to date to ensure it continuously connects with what is happening in the current market. Better yet, write evergreen content, content that speaks to your audience no matter the date. Search engines look for websites that are helpful and informative.
6. Optimized Images – It is important to have a website that looks great and reads well. When adding images to your pages ensure they are compressed, have alt text (text describing what they are), and include a file name. When your website looks professional, it adds to its value.
7. Share – The more you promote your business, the more well-known it becomes. This is the same for your website. Share your content through other formats like social media posts or ads. You can take the most important aspects of a blog from your website and make a mini post on platforms like Instagram or Facebook.
A series of posts is also a great way to engage your audience. When you share free information with your target audience, you are building your connection with them. Sharing information through a paid ad ensures the right audience recognizes your business.
You can get organic results without having to pay for ads. Ads can, however, help your business get recognized by your target audience at the right time, when they are looking to purchase your products or services. SEO is like FREE advertising; it helps sell your business just by showing it off.
Ranking high on search engines takes time but it is worth the effort. Keep trying, you will get there. You can use these tips to help elevate your website and if you need more information on how to improve your search engine optimization, we are happy to help. Reach out to us at Digital Monk today to get access to our extensive SEO expertise.